2012年4月28日星期六

Season Lowdown

>> Last season, I got stuck into the new look of Elle Collections and this season's issue, it's no different except the cover quite succinctly and effectively gives me a catwalk colour gradiation with all the satisfaction of a Pantone colour swatch.  Once again, I'm struck by the various ways of rounding up shows and trends that don't just use cut-outs of Catwalking shots... a summary that includes...

- 25 furry animal heads in the Topshop Unique show - oh badger, you shall sit atop of my head in the coming months... and I shall ask people to stroke your ears...

- 2,500 Japanese bloggers - I like their little notebooks printed with a dummy image so they can write down outfits more easily.  I actually prefer writing labels down myself in their notepads so that the spellings are correct...and because I wear too many things at once.

- 25 pom poms at Sonia Rykiel - Quite possibly the easiest DIY to plop out... involves cardboard rings and an episode re-run Friends...

- A close-up of the duck-feathered covered boots from Alexander McQueen's collection with hand finished 24-carat gold leaf... SHOWstudio also has a really good up close and personal video of the 'Angel' silver boots.

- John Paul Thurlow's illustrations dotting the lovely matt pages where articles by Germaine Greer and debates on fur rage on... 

- A DIY tutorial on how to make your own winpole as seen in Yves Saint Laurent's collection.  Not sure how many of these you'll actually see on the street but I may attempt one in Liberty print fabric...

- Amazing logo nail art by Sophy Robson.  

- Close-up detail shots of Givenchy's lace ensemble,cheap sports jerseys, scanned in Katerina Jebb-style and the matt sequins on silk from Celine.

- Images evoking moods of the season - Secretary and The Working Girl...

- I couldn't scan it in properly but Rob Ryan has also created a tribute to Alexander McQueen as a pull-out...

Ellecollections

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论