2012年4月30日星期一

Candy Giver

IMG_0528

>> I think I've inhaled enough Furla Candy plastic fumes to last a lifetime as there were a ton of the bags at the Furla Regent Street store last night where myself and Kit from Style Slicker (in lieu of Shini from Park and Cube not being here...) were 'hosting' aka standing around and smiling at everyone.  I announced six winners of the Candy bag colour of their choice and luckily one of them was actually physically there so that we could all do a lot of collective whooping.  I *think* there's another London/UK winner in amongst this lot but anyhow here are the winners of the Candy bag and they'll be contacted shortly about getting their Candy fix.  Like I said, there is no proper rhyme or reason as to why I chose these "What's In Your Bag?" pics.  The randomness of my reasons means that I may as well have picked them out of a hat though reading the teensy tiny descriptive text perhaps clues you in too...

Chloe Morrison (Belfast/Amsterdam)

CMorrison Whats In Your Bag
A scarf from RA, (Antwerp), My passport in a wolf print holder, Very old leather gloves from Madova, (which despite having a hole in one finger I continue to wear because I love them and haven't had the chance to go back to Florence in a few years to get a new pair.  Of course I could just order a new pair online, but personally I find the experience of tripping over the Ponte Vechio , pausing for a moment outside the Madova shop front to swoon at the seemingly endless spectrum of coloured gloves displayed before going in to place my elbow on the little raised velvet cushion on the counter in order to get the length of my fingers measured an integral part of the glove buying process), Clinique hair comb, David Vann's new novel Caribou Island, A hardback Rhodia notebook, (with a postcard of my favourite beach - in Donegal - stuck in the inner back pocket), A pen bought in a stationery store in an Amsterdam purely for its purple and green striped pattern, Faber Castell pencils in case I want to do a bit of spontaneous drawing, My bicycle lights, (these, I admit, aren't the most aesthetically pleasing element in the photo - but as someone who spends a great deal of time cycling in Amsterdam, they're a truly invaluable and therefore  constant presence in my handbag), Marks and Spencer's Curiously Strong Mints, New Penguin Modern Classics' edition of La Grosse Fifi by Jean Rhys (this is as yet unread - I'm hoping to consume it in a single sitting when next waiting for a delayed bus/ train/ plane.  I bought it mainly because I truly love Rhys's writing, but I must admit that the sheer beauty of these new mini-books did perhaps influence my purchase a little), My USB stick, Topshop nail varnish in Awol, My iPod, (apparently prehistoric due to the fact that it is a Mini iPod, but I still cherish it dearly), Chloe perfume card samplers, (I use them as business cards - due to my name being, ahem, Chloe - my contact details are scrawled on the back in pencil in a manner that I hope is charmingly low-fi), My Pebble gobstopper ring, which due to being rather heavy starts the day on my finger but frequently ends the day in my handbag, My keys with a key ring improvised from an Acne logo-ed disc, My incredibly old mobile that resembles a Tamagotchi, A vintage purse, Liberty for Mac's lipstick in Peachstick, Dr. Lip lip balm

Grace aka Shabby of La Poubelle Verte (London)

DSC_0010
Keys, Nikon D80, 50mm lens, 18-70mm lens, Oyster card, lip balm, diary, leather gloves - had for ages, poor man's mp3 player tic toc, and 'Future Fashion White Papers' - such a good read, I recommend it!

Charlotte of The Fashion Guitar (London) - she was present to collect her prize!

DSC_0351
Keys and key chain from California (got it from one of my colleagues just after I moved to London and needed one, so perfect present and timing), Banana (like it more when it's a bit green though), Blackberry (which I have to knock on a hard underground to make the scrollball work... so annoying), Ray-Ban Wayfarer (I can't live without), Rimmel bronzing powder to make my winter skin a little more sunny, Bangles from South-Africa, My latest O.P.I nail polishes (so in love with them, I have a serious O.P.I addiction, can almost start a mani padi studio haha), Mulberry wallet (nice and big, but I don't carry much money around), Hair clip in purple (always falling out of my hair, cause it's to heavy), Nivea hand creme and lip balm,soccer jerseys cheap, Chewing gum, Lomo Diana F (amazing to make photos with and experiment!), Bert's Bees cuticle butter (seriously the BEST i've ever had, you have to try it!), Last but not least some reading material OUTLINERS, great inspirational book,Nike Air Max 360 Mens!!

Doreen Ooi (Berlin)

DSC_0438
Moleskine Diary, Cacharel "Amor Amor", Marc Jacob's Mirror, Japanische Dreizeiler Buch (it's a haiku book in german!), bike/house keys,beats studio headphones, White Rabbit asian lollies, loose euro coins floating around, Lipfit, My bag: Paloma Picasso found for $30AU

Ewa Plumpa

My bag
Papaya Oinment by Phytocare...an amazing Australian petrochemical free RAW miracle, Vanilla Perfume Oil by Body Shop...I love vanilla!!!!!!, Charley Harper 2011 Engagement Calendar by Pomegranate...because I think thta Harper was one of the most amazing illustrators ever!!!, 642 Thing to Draw by Chronicle Books 201...because I love to draw, always and everywhere and this book is a perfect inspirational sketchbook which provoke my imagination so well..., Denim blue head band by New Look...useful when is time to organize the mess on my head, KOH-I-NOOR pencil...It's got a great colour and a sharper on the tip, Set of Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 crayons...in my favourite colours, O.5 Pentel propelling pencil...give my favourite sharp line when drawing, Parker fountain pen...black, Front and back light for my bicycle by Bitwin at Decathlon...I cycle all the time and almost everywhere, and i never know when I'll be back home so I have to have a set of lights with me all the time...usually I carry around a set of locks with me as well but when I took the photo they where protecting my bicycle from being stolen ;), A pocket mirror...a gift from charming lady at the V&A, Organic rice milk by Rice Dream...whet I get thirsty...or when they don't have soya milk at the café...delicious :), And my carry all Cath Kidston polka-dot bag...waterproof and perfect while cycling...I'm addicted to dot at the moment

Hendrika Stekhoven-Smith (Sydney, Australia)

Hendrika_Stekhoven_Smith_whats_in_my_bag

没有评论:

发表评论